Probably the best Patriotic Movie since Waar.
The reasons for seeing this movie are many!
- The songs are stunning visually and composition wise both with Thaam Lou a song that you will be humming for days and Naach Re will be certainly this wedding Seasons favorite.
- And of course we love our men in uniform and Hamza was quite a sight in one as a Pakistan Air Force Fighter Piolet!
- Perfect Casting with the chemistry between Hamza Ali Abbasi and Hania Amir sizzling the screen! Can’t remember the last time a pair looked so good together!
- The locations are a reinforcement on how stunningly beautiful our country is! They are exceptionally well chosen!
- The support cast is again well chosen with Marina, Kubra, Ahad and so many more proving once again that Momina Duraid has an eye for Character casting.
And the list can still go on. The effects are reasonably good but could most certainly have been better.
Such a simple story of love, integrity, family and struggle. It wows because it plays on our psyche as it really projects patriotism.
But unfortunately that’s about it. A few chosen graphics were thoughtlessly used throughout the movie. A time line that should have had the Oh my God response got the What the Hell is going on here response! Dialogues failed to impress as they felt stilted and the relationships between the main leads and their parents inherently ignored. Of course where the network failed to deiver via production and Direction they made up with Advertising and Promotions and tours! That’s all you ever saw on TV.
But still a luke warm enough effort.