DIY Infused Water
Detox water has been all the rage since
the last half decade or so.
Some say it flushes toxins and some say it helps loses
I say the water tastes darn delicious!
Detox water or infused water is water that has
add ins to it like fruits and sometimes spices the most
popular being cinnamon.
There are loads of people claiming tons of reasons
why we should have detox water.
A couple of years back I had infused water
consistently for about two years before
leaving it behind. Now once again I have started
drinking infused water primarily because it’s a great way of
having a lot of water during the day. Even though I have a good 3 liters in 24 hours but there is no harm in making
the experience fun.
The easiest and most fun infusion is lemon and cucumber which last easily for about 12 hours. Add a sprig of mint to
it and it’s a cool fresh experience.
Of course you can make it lots of fun by adding berries, citrus and even cinnamon to it.
Lemon is great due to its alkaline properties and the vitamin C boost it provides to the body so it’s a must have in my
infused water. Swap lemon with orange or grape fruit and voila you have a variation.
So grab a bottle of water and infuse it with flavors of your choice and keep yourself perked on having water
throughout the day effortlessly!
Do let me know if you have ever tried any infused water and what you thought about it!
- Change fruit every 6 hours to keep your water fresh tasting.
- You can keep citrus and mint up to 12 hours.
- Apples are a great choice and keep up till 10 hours in the infusion.
- Strawberries and watermelon taste especially great in the water.
- Take a big pitcher or water bottle so that the fruit has a chance to steep in the water. Constant fill ups will taste bland.
- Add a stick of cinnamon and even some flax seeds for making the water super healthy also.